IPNE Exhibit Curation Guidelines
IPNE exhibits at the major book shows are curated. By this process, our intent is to raise the overall quality of books that readers and industry professionals can discover through the public face of IPNE.
This process is designed to enhance the reputation of the organization as a whole and its members individually, as it does with similar organizations.
Books will be considered for exhibit if they meet A and B, below:
A. ONE OR MORE OF THESE:
- IPNE Award winners or finalists.
- Winners or finalists of other established awards programs.
- Books accepted to previous shows under curation guidelines.
- Books on established trade organization publication lists (see guidelines).
- Library of Congress Catalog Number.
B. AND BOTH OF THESE:
- Publisher has completed, signed, and submitted our curation checklist.
- Completed IPNE profile, including book metadata and cover images.
If you don’t meet at least one of the first set of five qualifications, send a copy of the book by the shipping deadline of the event at which you wish to exhibit. Books that do not meet the currently posted guidelines will be returned and exhibit fees refunded; and publishers will be offered mentoring sessions and resources to help their books meet curation for future exhibits. Final curation approval rests with the IPNE Board of Directors.