You are invited to enter the first-ever IPNE Book Awards. The initial competition, for most categories, is limited to books with publication dates of 2012, 2013, or 2014. However, a separate category is open to perennial sellers that continue to be promoted and sold year after year.
Other categories are based on book subjects and genres, design, marketing, and other aspects of publishing. A separate award for e-books will honor the best uses of technology to enhance readability and enjoyment of the book. All entries will compete within their categories, and also for the top prize as IPNE Book of the Year
As with all IPNE programs, we have kept the entry fees as low as feasible. For members, the fee is just $40 to enter a book into one category, and $25 to enter the same book into another category.
For nonmembers of IPNE, the fee is that same except that the first entry will cost $90. But that also comes with a full-year membership in IPNE, with all other benefits the organization offers. After the first book, you are a member, so you will pay the member rate for any additional titles, categories, etc.
Entries will be accepted up until February 28. However, please don’t hold back -- a crush of entries at the last minute would create difficulties for judging and for preparing the awards ceremony.
Click here to download the entry form.
Categories are as follows:
1. LITERARY FICTION,written as literary work, does not fit traditional formulas of genre fiction.
2. GENRE FICTION ,e.g., mystery, romance, science fiction, fantasy, inspirational, etc.
3. CHILDREN’S BOOKS
4. YOUNG ADULT BOOKS
5. NARRATIVE NONFICTION,e.g., biography, memoir, nonfiction that tells a story.
6. INFORMATIONAL NONFICTION,e.g., directories, travel guides, how-to, self-help, reference, etc.
8. COFFEE TABLE AND ART BOOKS
9. GIFT BOOKS
10. ACADEMIC BOOKS
11. E-BOOKS, published as e-books only, or has features not present in a paper version. Submit disk or instructions to download review copy.
12. PERENNIAL SELLER. Published before 2012, but still actively promoted for sale.
13. COVER DESIGN
14. INTERIOR DESIGN
15. BOOK PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGNS. In addition to sending book, describe promotions. author activities, reviews, anything that helps to reach the book’s intended readership