Registration Opens March 1!
Is your book a winner? It's time to let the world know and get the recognition that book deserves.
Enter the 2020 IPNE Book Awards!
If you have a book with a publication date of 2018, 2019, or 2020, you are eligible to enter the 7th Annual IPNE Book Awards.
Along with the gratification and marketing opportunities that winning a respected book award offers, winners will also be showcased on the IPNE website through 2020, receive a 2020 IPNE Book Award e-medallion for display on social media channels, websites, and marketing materials, and be honored at the annual IPNE book award ceremony. The submissions period runs from March 1 to May 31.
Each book will be judged by three independent judges, drawn from a panel of literary scholars, librarians and other qualified reviewers selected by IPNE's 2020 Book Awards Committee.
All entries will compete within their categories, and also for the top prize as IPNE Book of the Year. Last year's IPNE Book Award winners can be found here.
For Members, the fee is $45 per title (one category), and $25 per additional category.
For Non-Members, the entry fee is $70 per title (one category).
Become a member of IPNE and be eligible for the member submission rate.
Registration includes one of the following categories for each book entered. You can register for as many categories as you wish for $25 each.
LITERARY FICTION: Written as literary work, does not fit traditional formulas of genre fiction.
- GENRE FICTION: Mystery, romance, science fiction, fantasy, inspirational, etc.
- CHILDREN’S BOOKS: Picture book, early reader, middle grade
- YOUNG ADULT BOOKS
- GRAPHIC NOVELS
- NARRATIVE NONFICTION: Biography, memoir, nonfiction that tells a story.
- INFORMATIONAL NONFICTION: Directories, travel guides, how-to, self-help, reference, etc.
- COFFEE TABLE AND ART BOOKS
- DESIGN: Cover and interior are evaluated.
Entry Process & Information
- Register online (link TBA)
- Submit your payment via online registration or send check with books
- * Mail 4 copies of your book to IPNE
- * E-Book - If you prefer to submit an electronic copy of your book in place of physical copies for judges, you can do so during on-line registration via E-Book submission. You may still want to mail 1 copy to address above for display at the annual conference and book awards.
Save the Date for IPNE’s Annual Conference and Book Awards - Nov. 2020 date to be announced.
Winners will be announced live during the second day of the conference. Entrants are welcome to bring guests for a celebratory dinner and awards ceremony.
If you have questions or would like volunteer to help with this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Independent Publishers of New England (IPNE)
The Independent Publishers of New England (IPNE) is an organization of professionals, authors, and companies who collaborate to help each other learn and succeed in the independent book publishing field.
The IPNE Book Awards continue to be a favorite of IPNE members and other indie publishers. Winning a book award or being named a finalist not only brings a sense of personal validation but provides countless opportunities for promoting and marketing your book!
Depending on the number of submissions for a category, IPNE reserves the right to combine, divide or otherwise modify the award categories. In the event that categories are added for a particular genre, consolidated, or eliminated, the submission will be judged in the category(ies) most relevant to the submission(s). IPNE’sBook Awards are facilitated by a volunteer committee that is made up of IPNE members and governed by the IPNE Board of Directors.