IPNE and CAPA members, get ready to start your engines and sell at NEIBA !
The trade show for independent publishers!
IPNE and CAPA are working together to make this NEIBA show the most successful ever for New England based independent publishers and authors.
This is your chance to connect with more than 250 independent bookstores and 1,000 individual book sellers during the action-packed day at the New England Independent Booksellers Association (NEIBA) Fall Conference. The conference is held at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence, Rhode Island from Oct. 3-5 with exhibits only on October 4.
As an extra bonus, get a 10% discount if you sign up for both NEIBA and NELA! If you pay by check for the two events, deduct 10% from your total book display fees. If you pay by credit card we will issue a refund upon request. Note--the discount does not apply to "extras" such as Pick-Nic, signings, or badges for attendance.
For IPNE and CAPA members not attending, the fee to display is just $65 per book. By joining our collaborative exhibit, you can save up to $500 compared to the regular individual exhibitor rate.
You do not have to attend. If you DO wish to attend to help promote your book in person, we will provide a badge for an extra $45. If you volunteer to help staff our booth we may be able to refund $20 of that. (Please contact us ahead of time to make those arrangements.)
So sit back, relax - and benefit from the show! By exhibiting with CAPA and IPNE at NEIBA, you tap IPNE’s regional marketing savvy, and a cost-effective, focused way to participate in the largest of the regional book shows. NEIBA is a seller’s market, where book buyers outnumber authors and publishers by about 30 percent!
Although publishers do not sell books at NEIBA, booth visitors will receive a copy of the IPNE catalog with your ordering and contact information. All exhibiting IPNE members receive a free listing in the IPNE catalog. (However, for the catalog, we will need your registration and all materials no later than September 10.
BENEFITS OF EXHIBITING WITH IPNE & CAPA:
- Prominent display position on one of the IPNE-CAPA tables for each book you exhibit.
- Live representation with local-market knowledge.
- Distribution of up to two pieces of your own literature.
- Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn postings about your books, offers, and events throughout the conference.
- Option to list your special offers for NEIBA attendees in IPNE - CAPA conference handouts.
- Literature handout and IPNE - CAPA presence at the Author Reception.
- Opportunity for IPNE - CAPA to present your books at the "Publisher's Rep Pick-Nic" round-robin event (separate fee).
- Eligible to host book-signing sessions at the IPNE - CAPA tables (separate fee).
- Post-conference report and photos of your books on display
- $110 to attend and exhibit one book. $20 Refund to IPNE members volunteering for Booth Staffing, with advance arrangements.
- $65 per each book thereafter for current IPNE or CAPA members
- $65 per book for IPNE - CAPA members NOT attending the conference
- $90 per book for non-members. No attendance at conference.
Optional additional promotions for additional fee (supplies limited):
Book-signing session by your author. IPNE or CAPA will schedule a book signing for you at our table and NEIBA will promote them through signage and listings in the show materials.
The fee is just $75. (The book must be among those that we will be displaying.) NOTE: The signings are arranged by IPNE and CAPA, so contact your organization for details--do not contact NEIBA directly. IPNE members may e-mail Tordis Isselhardt
. CAPA members may e-mail Brian Jud
Authors wishing to register for the Autographing at the IPNE table may download the form here.
Pick-Nic: for IPNE to present your books at the publisher-bookseller lunch event "Pick-Nic" on Wed. Oct. 3. In a “speed dating” format, an IPNE board member will meet with leading book sellers and reps to present your book(s). The cost is just $50, an amazing value for the money!
These are very special opportunities and limited, so be sure to reserve these slots early.
Consider Attending NEIBA in person
If you attend NEIBA in person, you can network with the full range of players in the world of books: writers, illustrators, distributors, sales reps, other publishers, some librarians, and many booksellers.
Attend (free) educational workshops, and sign yourself up for special events (at a fee). Check the program at www.newenglandbooks.org
IPNE offers three-hour opportunities at the IPNE display to talk one-on-one with booksellers about IPNE, about books exhibited by other IPNE publishers, and about your own books; our show manager will contact you about scheduling.
"Volunteering Discount" IPNE can provide a $20 refund to IPNE members if you are willing to volunteer time to help with:
a. 2-hour set-up (assist with IBPA set-up)
b. 2-hour staffing + 1hr cleanup and teardown
c. 3-hour staffing (2hrs + 1 hr - can be over 1 or 2 days.)