Reach New Readers at New England's
Premiere Bookselling Event
Copley Square, Boston
Everyone at IPNE is excited to host an exhibit at the Boston Book Festival (BBF) for our 6th year! What's even more terrific is that even though self-publishers are not allowed as solo exhibitors, IPNE can represent small publishers and author-publishers at this important event. Because the BBF is so well attended by a concentrated crowd of book lovers, it creates a special opportunity to interact with the public and attract new readers. And remember: space is limited, and this show will fill up fast.
NOTE: Starting this year, IPNE exhibits at the major book shows will be curated. Please read Curation Guidelines and complete the Curation Checklist before you exhibit.
About the Boston Book Festival
The Boston Book Festival, now in its 8th year (2016), is the largest literary event in New England. It takes place in Copley Square, Boston every October, with tent booths ringing the square and author and publisher events in the Boston Public Library and surrounding buildings. Well-known authors give readings and talks, and as a nonprofit sponsor this year, IPNE will be programming the BBF
About the IPNE at BBF Exhibit
IPNE's Boston Book Festival 2016 exhibit is for members only. Join IPNE first (as a publisher or vendor member). Then, register for BBF and submit one (1) copy of your book for curation before September 1, 2016. You'll hear back from IPNE by September 25, 2016 if your book has been accepted for exhibit, along with directions on where to send an additional four (4) copies of your book for sale at the festival.
If your book is not accepted, your BBF registration fees will be refunded in full. Read Curation Guidelines here.
- Exhibit. The IPNE exhibit fee of $40 covers one (1) book and no more than 25 corresponding 4x9 rack cards (4x9 is the only size allowed). Please include your ordering URL on the rack card. The IPNE sales team will be selling the books. Authors/Publishers will receive 90% of the selling price. Unsold books that arenot retrieved at the show will be held for sale at our Conference Bookstore and/or posted for sale on our Facebook Store. Leftover promotional materials cannot be returned.
NOTE: Authors & publishers may not remain in the booth or alter the display in any way. This policy allows customers to view and buy your books more easily.
- Sign. Signing sessions last for 50 minutes and begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Final scheduling is at the show coordinator's discretion.
- Fees for current members. Exhibit fees for members are $40 for each book. You may sign up to exhibit a maximum of three (3) books. A 50-minute signing session is $35 and you may only sign up if you are exhibiting at BBF.
- Online registration. Registration is all online through our website. Once you are registered, we will follow up with information about setup, sales, volunteering, and other details.
- Booth Etiquette and Sales. The IPNE sales team will be selling the books. Authors and publishers will receive 90% of the selling price. Unsold books may be retrieved at the show or will be donated or posted for sale on our Facebook store. Leftover promotional materials cannot be returned. NOTE: Authors may not remain in the booth or alter the display in any way. This will allow customers to view and buy your books easily.
- Email the Coordinators if you have questions or need help with online registration, and good luck at the show!