New England Publishing Conference 2015
Indie Publishing—Making History!
Sept. 25-26, 2015
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
250 Market St, Portsmouth, NH 03801
We look forward to seeing you at IPNE's Fifth Annual New England Publishing Conference! Our presentations and workshops by leaders in the book-publishing world are sure to inform and inspire you and re-invigorate your publishing enterprise.
Attendees and speakers, sell your books/CDs/Tapes at the Conference Bookstore. For details, Click here.
2015 Conference Rates
IPNE and AFFILIATE MEMBERS *
Both Days - $170
Friday only - $50
Saturday only - $140
* Please use our membership form to register as a member of an affiliated organization before choosing this option. Thank you!NON-MEMBERS
Both Days - $195 Includes one year membership (a 50% savings).
Friday only - $65
Saturday only - $165
For details on advertising and sponsorship opportunities,click here. To book an ad, contact IPNE board member Paul Parisi, CEO of HF Group, or call him at 617-242-1100617-242-1100617-242-1100617-242-1100.
2015 Conference Schedule
FRIDAY, Sept. 25, '15:
- 2:30-6:00 pm: Registration Desk
- 2:30-8:30 pm: Exhibits and Conference Bookstore Open
- 3:00 pm: Welcome and Opening Announcements
- 3:15 pm: Getting Into Print: Understanding Today's Publishing Options Tom Holbrook and Deidre Randall
- 4:15 pm: IPNE Book Awards Presentation
- 5:00 pm: Keynote: Reading for a Living: It Takes History to Make History - Robert Gray (Shelf Awareness).
- 6:00-8:30 pm: Sponsors and attendees Meet & Mingle Reception with Cash Bar.
SATURDAY, Sept. 26, '15:
- 7:15 am: Continental Breakfast
- 7:30 am: Registration Opens
- 7:30 am: Exhibits and Conference Bookstore Opens
- 8:30 am: Welcome and Opening Announcements
- 8:45 am: Keynote: Who Holds the Power in the Book World? Jim Milliot (Publishers Weekly) and Nancy Morgan Stosik (Ingram Content Group)
- 10 am-12:00 pm: Conference Breakout Sessions
- 12:00-1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:15-2:45 pm: Conference Breakout Sessions
- 2:45 pm: Ask the Experts Panel
- 3:30 pm: Wrap up, Final Announcements and Farewell
Saturday's Workshops and Presenters
—The Secrets of Marketing Through Partnerships: How to Get Everyone Else To Promote Your Book So You Don't Have To (Steve Porter)
—Getting to the Next Draft: Revision Strategies from the Editors (Tanya Gold, Fiction and Melissa Wuske, Nonfiction)
—Writing to Sell! Targeting a Niche Audience:(Michelle Ollie, Amy Ray, and Sydney Strand)
—The Promise of Zero Inventory Using Print on Demand: Fact, Fiction, or Futuristic? (Nancy Morgan Stosik)
—Understanding Metadata/BISAC Subject Headings (Angela Bole, IBPA)
—10 Surefire Ways NOT to Get a Book Review: (Victoria Sutherland, ForeWord Magazine) and (Jim Milliot, Publishers Weekly)
—Podcasting Your Writing for Fun and Acclaim (Jack B. Rochester)
—Marketing for the Introvert (Marcia Yudkin)
—The Zen of Distribution: Using the Power Of Others To Your Advantage (Phil Zuckerman, Applewood Books)
—The Story Goes On…and On…And On; Publishing a Series (George Geers, Plaidswede Press)
—What Authors, Publishers & Freelancers Need to Know About Publishing Contracts (Paul Durham)
—eBook Production and Quality Assurance (Joshua Tallent, Firebrand Technologies)