Bookstock (taking place in Woodstock, VT)

  • 31 Jul 2010
  • 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Woodstock, VT

Registration

  • (You must be a paid IPNE Member AND in attendance at Bookstock to choose this option.)
    Pay $50 and have an area of the table (one-foot by three-foot strip) to display and sell your books, preferably at something less than full retail price.
  • (You must be in attendance at Bookstock to choose this option, but don't need to be a paid IPNE member.)
    Pay $70 per book and have an area of the table (one-foot by three-foot strip) to display and sell your books, preferably at something less than full retail price. (If you'd like to display more than 1 book contact ExecutiveDirector@ipne.org for instructions.)
  • (You must be a paid IPNE Member BUT don’t need to be in attendance at Bookstock for this option). You can pay $25 per book to display your books on the IPNE table and offer them for sale. (A 20% discount from retail is recommended). IPNE Members in attendance will collect money from any books sold and send you 80% of collected funds. Deadline for books to arrive is July 28th, shipping details will arrive in a confirmation email after registration.
  • (You must be a paid IPNE Member BUT don’t need to be in attendance at Bookstock for this option). You can pay $25 per book to display your books on the IPNE table and offer them for sale. (A 20% discount from retail is recommended). IPNE Members in attendance will collect money from any books sold and send you 80% of collected funds. Deadline for books to arrive is July 28th, shipping details will arrive in a confirmation email after registration.
  • (You must be a paid IPNE Member BUT don’t need to be in attendance at Bookstock for this option). You can pay $25 per book to display your books on the IPNE table and offer them for sale. (A 20% discount from retail is recommended). IPNE Members in attendance will collect money from any books sold and send you 80% of collected funds. Deadline for books to arrive is July 28th, shipping details will arrive in a confirmation email after registration.
  • (You don’t need to be in attendance at Bookstock for this option and do not need to be a paid IPNE Member).
    You can pay $45 per book to display your books on the IPNE table and offer them for sale. (A 20% discount from retail is recommended). IPNE Members in attendance will collect money from any books sold and send you 80% of collected funds. Deadline for books to arrive is July 28th, shipping information will be sent in a confirmation email after registration. (If you'd like to display more than 1 book contact ExecutiveDirector@ipne.org for instructions.)

Registration is closed

July 31: IPNE Display at Bookstock (in Woodstock, Vermont)

Here’s another opportunity for IPNE members to display (and perhaps sell) their books! On Saturday, July 31, the town of Woodstock, Vermont is sponsoring a day-long event, “Bookstock: the Green Mountain Festival of Words.” Woodstock has a large summer population and is a destination town for many vacationers, so a fairly good-sized crowd is likely to show up.

The festival will run from 10AM to 5 PM and be held at several venues around town. It  will include appearances by about 20 authors (including David Macauley and Bill McKibben), two second-hand book sales, outdoor dance and musical performances, and exhibit tables for publishers and others involved in books and bookselling. The exhibit tent and tables will be centrally located on the Woodstock Village green, adjacent to the food vendors, so they’re likely to get a lot of traffic. IPNE will have at least one table. 

Special notes - 1. for this event we will not be creating an IPNE catalog as we do with some of our events. 2. Also this is a sales event - you are allowed to sell your books not just exhibit them as with some shows.

Here is Bookstock's website for general information on Bookstock:  http://www.bookstockvt.org/


Here’s how IPNE friends can participate:

IPNE MEMBERS:

Option 1A. (You must be a paid IPNE Member AND in attendance at Bookstock to choose this option.)

Pay $50 and have an area of the table (one-foot by three-foot strip) to display and sell any number of your books, preferably at something less than full retail price. For example, one member plans to sell returned books and slightly damaged books at substantial discounts.

Option 2A. (You must be a paid IPNE Members BUT you don’t need to be in attendance at Bookstock for this option – deadline to send books is 7/28).

Pay $25/ per book to display your books on the IPNE table and offer them for sale. A 20% discount from retail is recommended. IPNE Members in attendance will collect money from any books sold and send you 80% of collected funds. The remaining 20% goes to IPNE to cover expenses. Attendance is optional. If you wish to merely display your books and not sell them, we will contact local bookstores and ask them to stock your books, so please send us ordering information. If you do not attend, you will need to send your books in advance, to arrive no later than July 28th. Both books and ordering information should be sent to Jack Crowl, Thistle Hill Publications, PO Box 307, North Pomfret VT 05053. Books should arrive no later than July 28th. At the end of the show, all remaining books will be donated to charity.

NON-IPNE-MEMBERS:

Option 1B. (You must be in attendance at Bookstock to choose this option BUT don't need to be a paid IPNE member.)

Pay $70 and have an area of the table (one-foot by three-foot strip) to display and sell any number of your books, preferably at something less than full retail price. For example, one member plans to sell returned books and slightly damaged books at substantial discounts.

Option 2B. (You don’t need to be in attendance at Bookstock for this option and don't need to be an IPNE Member. Deadline for books to arrive is 7/28).

You pay $45/ per book to display your books on the IPNE table and offer them for sale. A 20% discount from retail is recommended. IPNE Members in attendance will collect money from any books sold and send you 80% of collected funds. The remaining 20% goes to IPNE to cover expenses. Attendance is optional. If you do not attend, you will need to send your books in advance, to arrive no later than July 28th. Both books and ordering information should be sent to Jack Crowl, Thistle Hill Publications, PO Box 307, North Pomfret VT 05053. Books should arrive no later than July 28th. At the end of the show, all remaining books will be donated to charity



  • Home
  • Bookstock (taking place in Woodstock, VT)
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software